Saturday, March 7, 2015

Challenge: Just a hint of clover…

Simon Says stamps has several weekly challenges.  This week, their color challenge was "a hint of clover"...  Here's a link to their challenge blog: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/


Here's the card I made for this challenge:


No process vid here... I have my second cold for the month and I want to limit my talking.

Base card stock is Stampin Up! Naturals... I think... Then the next piece is velum embossed with a cuttlebug folder.  I then daubed two stains on it: 1- forest moss distress stain and 2- a homemade glimmer mist composed of aderondak butterscotch spray and gold pearl X.  Then the central image uses the stamp kissing technique.  First I inked the Stampendous Lily of the Valley stamp in Brilliance Pearescent Ivy (which does need reinking)  and then I "kissed" it with a background stamp from Stampin Up! that was inked in Distress Peeled Paint.  I then heat embossed the whole thing with clear powder.  This was all done on the same natural's card stock as the base card.  I mounted it on an off brand gold paper I picked up at my office supply on clearance.  The twine from the dollar spot at Target and a flair that I altered.  I coated the flair in gesso.  Then I mixed a touch of the butterscotch spray into Folk Art Pearl White paint and painted it.  I finally stamped it with Staz-On using a Studio G stamp.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Suzanne C said...

I love that stamp from Hero Arts and it looks beautiful in green. Sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!