Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So Behind...

I'm so behind in posting my creations. I did some scrapping last week and forgot to post it.

Here's the first one. It was primarily prompted by the ScrapSaturday challenge blog to scrap my scrappy place. From there, I encorporated this week's splitcoast technique and color challenges.

The technique is masked frames. Basically, you put a mask in the middle and stamp around it to create a frame. I have two frames on this layout: a large square one behind the entire layout on the background and one on the stamped embellishment at the top of the page.

Other stamping of note: The top embellishment, the title letters, and the brad at the bottom of the page are all embossed with a really pretty "valententines" glitter embossing powder which has a mix of light pink and dark pink as well as the glitter. It is gorgeous in real life.

This layout began as a response to last weeks split coast color and technique challenges. This invite has been sitting on my desk for a while and when I saw the color challenge (real red, chocolate, and kraft), I new this was the perfect combo for this invite that I recieved for a cousing of mine.

I stamped the paper with the grid technique that was this month's technique challenge. I didn't have any magic mesh, so I used some "grid" ribbon I had. I painted it with white paint and "stamped" it onto the paper, Then I stamped the flowers and leaves in red and chocolate craft ink over the top of the grid. Then I cut it up to use on the layout... under the title... on the envelope under the journaling... and die cut as a flower in my layered flower (who need prima when you have a big shot?) The photo corners are cuttlebug embossing folders that I cut out and cut in half... then sprayed with glimmer mist for that little extra bling. That little heart is the stamped paper cut out with dimentional adhesive, then a little punched flower with a touch of bling.

A blank layout. This one kind of gave me fits for a while. It was in response to the featured stamper and the scrapbooking inspiration challenges. I embossed the suns and the title letters with a cool pepper colored embossing powder. Then used adarondak pads and a sponge to give it that lovely glow. I love that pressed flower sticker from my stash. It fits so perfectly. Hopefully the pictures for this one will come soon.

I made some cards also... I'll upload them tomorrow. I love these challenges because they force me to get creative with my stamping on layouts and soon I've found more and more ways to encorporate stamping into my layouts that make them totally unique and totally me. That's why I love stamping... it gives my layouts something that prefab die cut stickers just can't.





No comments: